- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
MINNEAPOLIS — The president of Shoppers Food and Pharmacy will transition to a new role, parent company Supervalu announced Tuesday.
Tim Lowe, who first joined Supervalu in 2009 as SVP operations at Shoppers until becoming president of the division, will become SVP of Supervalu's merchandising organization — focusing on enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising while driving execution of national programs — and will transition to the new role over a period of time, the company said. Lowe will report to Supervalu's EVP merchandising and logistics Janel Haugarth.
"Tim is an energetic and passionate leader who will join an already strong merchandising leadership team," Haugarth said. "His operations and retail leadership experience will enable him to ensure alignment between merchandising and operations, and other functional and store-level groups."
Supervalu said Kevin Holt, the recently named EVP retail operations for the company, will identify a replacement for Lowe at a later date.