- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
And there is a good reason for it.
You probably have already noticed, this issue is jammed with great stuff, from our special report, 7 Deadly Sins of SKU Rationalization, to the exclusive Retail Store of the Year section, highlighting winners from Drug Store News’ sister publication Chain Store Age’s annual store design competition. There just isn’t a lot of room for me and my opinion in this issue.
But it isn’t just this issue. In the coming months, DSN will undergo a major transformation that will include many of the elements you see in this edition, including a decided focus on new store concepts and retail formats, and new products that retail pharmacy buyers DON’T already know about. So, stay tuned.
One final note: DSN would like to congratulate Larry Merlo, who has been tapped as Tom Ryan’s successor as CVS Caremark president and CEO in 2011. In addition to being a seasoned retail vet and a key architect of CVS’ integration machine that has helped make so many of the company’s big acquisitions so successful, Merlo also is a consummate gentleman.
Who says nice guys finish last? Good luck, Larry!