- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
- Perrigo recalls APAP infant suspension liquid due to the possibility of missing dose markings on the dosing syringe
- Study: OTC ibuprofen as effective as Rx in treating post-operative pain after having tonsils removed
- Acetaminophen Awareness Coalition issues safety message on APAP overdose potential over cough-cold season
WASHINGTON — Uniform concentrations of single-ingredient liquid pediatric acetaminophen medicines have been making their way to the shelf as promised by the Consumer Healthcare Products Association earlier this year, as evidenced by these new product facings from PediaCare and Triaminic. Note, too, that both new formulations feature uniform age-appropriate dosing devices, in this case syringes.
It's just another example of how the consumer healthcare association proactively addresses concerns in the industry.