- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Dove marks 10th year of 'Campaign for Real Beauty' with short film
- Suave Professionals announces Glam4Good partnership
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
NEW YORK — Dead Sea mineral-based skin care brand Ahava has appointed Beth Ann Catalano as president of Ahava North America, effective Jan. 1, 2014.
Catalano succeeds Elana Drell-Szyfer, who recently joined the ranks at Kenneth Cole Productions.
Catalano formerly served as SVP sales, administration and education at Steiner Leisure where she oversaw the Bliss, Elemis and Remede portfolios. Prior to that, she co-founded the hair care startup, Jonathan Product, breaking numerous retail sales records and winning industry awards by executing a strategy that utilized reality TV, namely Bravo's "Blow Out," to market the brand. Her industry experience also includes positions at Shiseido, Unilever and Lancome.
"Ahava has made tremendous strides in the U.S. market — both consumers and retailers alike are taking notice of Ahava because there is a real appreciation for unique, authentic brand stories. I am very excited to be leading the business and look forward to building the business into a true powerhouse,” Catalano stated.