- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- Unilever launches simpler butter-like spreads
- Actress Binky Felstead to appear in new Rimmel London campaign in U.K., Ireland
CARMEL, Ind. — Skinnygirl announced today a new line of zero-calorie liquid sweeteners made with natural monk fruit, agave, and stevia that will soon hit store shelves.
The new Skinnygirl Sweeteners are concentrated, zero-calorie, gluten-free and carb-free containing 80 to 160 servings — depending on the sweetener type. They come in slim, convenient 1.68-oz. bottles that fit easily in a purse.
"Skinnygirl Sweeteners are sensible and easy to use because they dissolve instantly and allow you to portion to your preferred sweetness," explains Dannielle Patterson, brand manager for Skinnygirl Sweeteners.
"Skinnygirl recognizes that today's woman is on-the-go. She needs products that make it easier for her to lead a healthy, more balanced lifestyle, without compromising taste," says Bethenny Frankel, creator of the Skinnygirl Brand.
Several options made with both natural and organic sweeteners will be available:
- Monk Fruit extract originates from real monk fruit native to a mountainous region in Southern Asia. Skinnygirl Monk Fruit tastes sweet and fruity;
- Agave is a simple food that comes from the agave plant and is a favorite of original Skinnygirl Bethenny Frankel; and
- Stevia is a popular and widely recognized natural sweetener that provides a pure clean taste. Skinnygirl Stevia comes in a liquid option, as well as in organic individual powdered packets.
Skinnnygirl Sweeteners will be available nationwide as of August 1, 2013.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.