- McKesson names new EVP, CFO
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Thursday named Sherry Smith EVP and CFO. Smith, 49, had been the company’s interim CFO. She immediately assumes her new role and will directly report to Craig Herkert, CEO and president.
Smith came to Supervalu in 1987 and has held a variety of positions in the corporate accounting and financial reporting areas of the company, including VP corporate controller and treasurer. Prior to serving as the interim CFO, Smith was the company’s SVP finance for eight years. She has been active in key initiatives of the company, including acquisitions and business realignment activities, and she has worked closely with other members of management in strengthening Supervalu's relationships with various banking and financial partners, the company stated.
Smith is a certified public accountant and began her career with McGladrey and Pullen, serving primarily manufacturing and financial institution clients.