- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Skeeter Snacks to launch in New England Walgreens
- Fresh food could help drive more loyalty for Amazon
- Reports: Kroger to expand Little Clinic footprint as part of healthcare play
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Snyder's-Lance on Tuesday acquired substantially all assets of O'Byrne Distributing, a snack food distributor serving the Augusta, Ga., area.
"The strengths of O'Byrne provide a great way for us to improve the effectiveness of our direct store delivery network, expand service to customers and enhance long-term opportunities for our independent business owners in the region," stated Ed Good, president of S-L Distribution Co., a subsidiary of Snyder's-Lance.
The O'Byrne routes will be integrated with the company's existing DSD network, providing a number of benefits, including the ability to better service retail partners with core branded products while leveraging supply chain and other efficiencies.
The purchase price was not disclosed.