- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. Solantic has announced the launch of its flu vaccination program for the 2010-2011 flu season at the company's 34 walk-in urgent care centers statewide.
Solantic also provides offsite flu clinic services for those companies seeking to protect their employees.
The vaccine is priced at $30. Medicare and some insurance companies cover the cost of the flu shot. Solantic also offers the flu mist nasal spray for $40 and the pneumonia vaccine for $60.
The 2010-2011 seasonal flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: an H3N1 virus, an influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus. Antibodies begin providing protection approximately two weeks after vaccination.