- Blistex launches new lip balms
- Carma Laboratories brings pizzazz to lip care with Carmex Moisture Plus limited-edition designs
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Carmex expands skin care portfolio with fragrance-free cream
- Vicks launches three humidifiers for 2013 cold-flu season
OAK BROOK, Ill. — Chapped and cracked lips have long been a side effect associated with the common cold, especially for those congested sufferers who have to breathe strictly through their mouths. Now Blistex is introducing Blistex Cold & Allergy Lip Soother, a lip balm that incorporates an external analgesic (pramoxine HCl 1%) to help relieve the pain that comes with those cracked lips. That incremental opportunity should be complementary to the category — lip remedy sales totaled $537 million for the 52 weeks ended April 16 across food, drug and mass (including Walmart), up 0.3%, according to Nielsen Group data.