- CMS Medicare analysis found mail order more expensive than community pharmacy across 21 plans
- NACDS: Medication management is key measurement for exchange health plans
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- NCPA: CMS policy change — pharmacies to affirmatively obtain consent from a beneficiary prior to shipping
- NCPA expresses support for many of the policy changes proposed by CMS
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A decision by Congress to reauthorize the Special Diabetes Program has drawn praise from the American Diabetes Association.
The program was part of the Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010 and will ensure continuance through 2013 of the Special Diabetes Program for American Indians while providing $150 million per year in funding.
Nearly 24 million Americans have diabetes, while another 57 million are prediabetic, with Native Americans and Alaska Natives having the highest age-adjusted prevalence of diabetes among all U.S. racial and ethnic groups, according to the ADA.