- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Report: Shaw's may be pulled from sale block
- Crain's: Klaff Realty eyeing Supervalu's Jewel-Osco business
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — Stater Bros. has entered an agreement to purchase two stores from Albertsons in Lake Elsinore and Hesperia, Calif.
Stater Bros. said it expects to take possession of the locations from Albertsons, a Supervalu subsidiary, in mid-May. The California-based supermarket chain also said that the stores would receive several upgrades, including wider aisles; expanded and new full-service departments; and energy-efficient refrigeration, skylights and recycling centers.
"The Stater Bros. supermarket family is very proud to provide this greatly enhanced and larger Stater Bros. supermarket to better serve our long-time and 'valued' [Lake Elsinore and Hesperia] customers," said Jack Brown, Stater Bros. chairman and CEO.