- Fred's Q2 sales up slightly; consumers buying mostly staples
- Fred's looks to grow through Diplomat Specialty partnership and Drug and Dollar concept pharmacy
- Fred’s eyes smaller box concept, specialty solution to grow pharmacy business
- Fred's sees positive numbers for Q4, full year
- Fred's misses analyst expectations, points to aggressive pharmacy expansion as future growth driver
MEMPHIS — Former Accredo Health Group president has been elected to serve on Fred's board of directors.
Fred's said Steven Fitzpatrick will be presented as one of the director nominees at the discount retailer's 2012 annual meeting, which will be held later this summer.
"The addition of Steve Fitzpatrick to our board brings a unique blend of business acumen along with a knowledgeable resource for the management to call upon regarding pharmacy operations," Fred's board chairman Michael Hayes said. "We are delighted to have Steve join our board. Steve will join Bruce Efird, Rick Chambers and Tom Tashjian on Fred's strategic pharmacy healthcare committee to explore growth and capital needs over the next five years, and he will also serve on several other committees."