- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
- 2014: Year of the retail clinic
NEW RICHMOND, Wis. Stillwater Medical Group opened here earlier this month its second retail clinic inside a Walmart store.
The newest clinic at Walmart opened its doors on July 8 and marks its second clinic location. The first location opened in December 2009 at the Walmart in Oak Park Heights, Minn.
The new clinic is staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants employed by Stillwater Medical Group. In addition to treatments for acute ailments like sinus infections, ear aches and sore throats, common vaccinations, camp, school and sports physicals are also available.
Most insurance plans will be accepted. A typical visit for those without health insurance costs $62 or less.