- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- SheaMoisture to sponsor Korto Momolu collection at NY Fashion Week
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
FAIRFIELD, Conn. — Stop & Shop's New York metro division has kicked off a fundraising campaign to benefit pediatric cancer patients at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
The supermarket retailer said its annual Triple Winner Game — which has raised more than $50 million since 1991 — provides customers who make a $1 contribution to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center with a Triple Winner scratch ticket, giving them the opportunity to win free store products, gift cards or cash prizes up to $10,000.
"Stop & Shop is enormously proud to be part of the team that is forcing pediatric cancer to retreat," said Ron Onorato, division president of Stop & Shop's New York metro division. "Triple Winner has become a campaign that has saved lives, created research paths and provided genuine hope to families waiting for a cure. There is now a proud and growing 'Triple Winner' family of young people who have a bright future because we have been able to put dollars into cancer treatment and research. I can't think of a better reward for everyone who continues to make this campaign a success."