- CRN to host free webinar on supplement regs for Pharmacist Society
- ‘Constant newness’ makes gum sales pop
- TABS study: Demand for fish oil and vitamin D flattening; vitamin B still strong
- Premama launches prenatal supplement drink mix
- Church & Dwight acquires Vitafusion, L'il Critters line of gummy supplements
EAST HANOVER, N.J. — Kraft Foods is building on the success of its vitamin-infused gums for Trident by expanding another gum brand's portfolio with a nutrient-filled, "ridiculously long-lasting gum," according to the company.
New Stride Spark gum contains vitamins B6 and B12, and will be available in two new flavors: Kinetic Mint and Kinetic Fruit. Each piece of Stride Spark contains 25% of the recommended daily value of the B vitamins, according to Stride.
"Consumers are looking to add oomph into their day-to-day activities wherever they can," said Gary Osifchin, marketing director for Stride. "We've developed Stride Spark in direct response to this demand, giving [consumers] an easy way to not only help meet their daily requirement of nutrients, but also provide a great-tasting gum with long-lasting flavor."
Similar to Stride Spark, Kraft Foods' Cadbury unit recently unveiled Trident Vitality, which touts vitamin C claims.
Stride Spark now is available at retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $1.49.