- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- FDA advisory committees recommend approval of ultra rapid-acting mealtime insulin therapy
- Omnis Health launches EmbracePro
BANGALORE, India — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic drug for diabetes made by Indian generic drug maker Strides Arcolab.
The FDA approved acarbose tablets in the 25-mg, 50-mg and 100-mg strengths. The drug is a niche drug used to treat Type 2 diabetes, Strides said.
Acarbose tablets have sales of about $21 million, according to IMS Health.