- Focus on specialized needs boosts sales
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens' Pegus to present during colloquium session
- Walgreens' Pegus discusses evolving role of pharmacists at colloquium
- Independence Blue Cross expands coverage to urgent care, retail clinics
PHILADELPHIA — A study on Bausch + Lomb's Biotrue multipurpose contact lens solution published in the January edition of the journal Eye & Contact Lens: Science & Clinical Practice found that the solution can help improve eye health.
The solution helps maintain the antibacterial and bacteriolytic activity of tear film proteins, proteins that offer benefits that help keep eyes healthy, including natural defense against bacteria that can cause eye infections. Under normal conditions, the antimicrobial and other functions of the tear film proteins may be lost after denaturation (the breaking down of the cell walls) during contact lens wear.