- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Lansinoh debuts new Italian Momma brand
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Cheryl Mahoney assumes new role; new head of beauty/personal care named
- CVS Caremark's Jim Trappani steps down
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Summer Infant announced that it has become a national partner of the March of Dimes.
The partnership will be showcased on the packaging of Summer Infant's SwaddleMe products and marketing outreach platforms, Summer Infant said. Additionally, the company also will be advocate safe sleep practices that support the removal of any loose or dangerous bedding from the crib.
"The fundamental mission of the March of Dimes is to ensure healthy pregnancies and to help all babies reach full term. Summer Infant then takes that cause one step further by providing safe sleeping alternatives for parents," Summer Infant president and CEO Jason Macari said. "It is our hope that the March of Dimes mission for healthy babies can continue long after the baby is brought home. And as a juvenile products manufacturer, providing safe alternatives is only part of what we do. Building awareness and providing information is an integral part of our obligation to our consumers and their children."
Through the Rhode Island chapter of March of Dimes, Summer Infant has raised more than $60,000 since 2006. Summer Infant said that since raising its commitment to the national level, the company will be donating in excess of $200,000 in 2011 and 2012.