- Changing Channels: Dry-All smart-phone drying kit, ThinkEco modlet, BodyFit Yoga mat and more
- Europa's gluten-free, meal-replacement bars make appearance at ECRM show
- Planters re-enters peanut butter biz
- Quest Nutrition launches high-protein peanut butter cups
- Harris Interactive: M&M first in brand equity among youth
FARGO, N.D. — A creamy, no-stir sunflower butter that is free of peanuts, tree nuts and gluten will be introduced nationally this month by Red River Commodities.
The company said it has expanded the SunButter line of products with its no-stir creamy butter that offers a distinctive robust sunflower seed flavor, but also features creamy texture akin to peanut butter, providing consumers with certain allergies the chance to enjoy a tasty treat without sacrificing their health.
The new no-stir product also makes it easier for the whole family, making less mess and more convenience for kids and parents alike.
One serving of SunButter offers 7-g of protein, and also has 1/3 less saturated fat, twice the fiber and more iron than typical peanut butter, Red River Commodities said.
Dan Hofland, Red River Commodities VP marketing, said "the new no-stir product ... eliminates the barrier that some parents and kids have had using SunButter."
SunButter first was introduced to the market in 2003.