- Stater Bros. Charities spreads holiday cheer with Toys for Tots donation
- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens debuts flagship concept in San Francisco
- True Drinks launches kids' Aquaball healthy beverages
YUBA CITY, Calif. — Sunsweet Growers has acquired a maker of dietary supplement beverages.
Sunsweet said its acquisition of Function Drinks is part of the company's ongoing action to help beverage brands enter the mainstream market. In line with the transaction, Sunsweet formed a wholly owned subsidiary, Disruptive Beverages Inc., which will house Function Drinks. Function co-founders Dayton Miller, who also serves as Function's CEO; Josh Simon, who also serves as Function's president; and Alex Hughes will continue to maintain leadership positions in the company, Sunsweet said.
"As an award winning co-packer of the highest quality beverages, Sunsweet is familiar with new, innovative beverages and the companies who introduce them," Sunsweet COO Dane Lance said. "For beverage ideas and companies that we truly believe in and that we believe are innovative and have a chance to challenge the 'beverage quo' we've set up a new approach to help them on their way."