- Supervalu names proven turnaround CFO
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- WSJ: Cerberus submits bid for Harris Teeter
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
KIRKWOOD, Mo. Supervalu on Monday announced its acquisition of six Rinderer’s Drug Stores here, three of which will be assimilated under the grocer’s Shop 'n Save pharmacy banner. The remaining three Rinderer’s stores will be shuttered and their prescription files transferred to nearby Shop 'n Save grocery stores.
“We are delighted to welcome new customers to our pharmacies as we work to make this transition as seamless as possible,” stated Shop 'n Save president Marlene Gebhard. “Our new patients can be confident that we will offer excellent service, as well as a number of resources that can help improve their health and well-being.”
The purchase of the six Rinderer’s stores will increase the number of pharmacies operated by Shop 'n Save to 34 in the St. Louis metropolitan area and Springfield, Ill.