- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu to open Colorado DC to feed Denver market
MINNESOTA — A number of Supervalu banners on Friday announced that select locations will host Iams Home 4 the Holidays initiative on Nov. 2 and 3. As part of the events, neighborhood shelters will introduce shoppers to deserving puppies, kittens, dogs and cats that are up for adoption.
“[Supervalu] is committed to looking for ways to enrich the lives of our shoppers and their pets,” stated Lanny Hoffmeyer, Supervalu category director for paper and pet. “We are proud to once again partner with Home 4 the Holidays and give our customers an opportunity to connect with animals that can enhance their lives for years.”
“Most of us shop locally, so we know many of the people that shop at the Jewel in our neighborhood,” commented Jeanne DiCello of Libertyville’s Placing Paws of Illinois. “Partnering with our local grocery store is a good way to help bring recognition to our organization. We’re also able to talk about pet adoption, show some of our available animals and answer many questions on the spot in a friendly encounter.”