- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
MINNEAPOLIS — A 20-year veteran at Supervalu will become a senior counselor outside of the company for one year.
David Boehnen, who as EVP was responsible for legal, business development, real estate and store development, as well as government affairs, will leave his post at the retailer but will serve as a senior counselor for Supervalu president and CEO Craig Herkert for one year.
The change is effective Dec. 15.
“I have had a close relationship with Supervalu extending for many years, even before I joined the company in early 1991. I will reflect on it fondly as I move into the next phase of my career,” Boehnen said. “While I will no longer be involved in the day-to-day activities of the company, I look forward to working with Craig and the management team in my new capacity.”
With Boehnen’s new role, Todd Sheldon, group VP legal, will be promoted to SVP and general counsel, reporting to Andy Herring, EVP real estate, market development and legal.