- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Shopping health and beauty online
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
TORONTO — In an effort to develop a multidimensional customer segmentation, Supervalu has signed on to use a LoyaltyOne's customer-centric analytics solution, LoyaltyOne announced.
LoyaltyOne said its Precima customer segmentation software will use customer data to help Supervalu better understand its customers and classify them in a way that translates into actionable insights. These insights can drive improvements with a goal of being more responsive to customer needs.
The U.S. grocer expects this will strengthen and expand its customer-driven marketing, merchandising and operations strategies.
"Our shoppers will benefit most from this strategic pick as we enrich their shopping experience and focus more on the customer as we make key business decisions," Supervalu group VP customer insight and loyalty Wesley Story said. "Precima's approach to building a customer segmentation strategy grounded in insights that combine behavioral analysis with market data and research will result in innovative programs across all facets of our enterprise that are relevant and more personalized to our customers."