- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
LOS ANGELES — Supervalu is making the mobile couponing application Yowza!! available to more than 1,900 independent stores that the company supplies as a wholesaler.
"We are always looking for the next best way for the independent retailers we supply to offer more value to their shoppers," said Teresa Chipps, Supervalu VP marketing and education, independent business. "With Yowza!!'s ability to bring fast-paced savings to customers, we are confident we have found just that."
Yowza!! CEO David Teichner added, quot;Yowza!! delivers digital coupons directly to shoppers' smartphones while they are actually shopping in the store," saving consumers the time to clip coupons out of free-standing inserts.