- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens offers pertussis immunizations at Colorado stores
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Supervalu pharmacies are offering the pertussis (Tdap) vaccine booster at the majority of its nearly 800 pharmacies, the company announced Tuesday.
“We have seen a tremendous increase in the number of cases of whooping cough throughout the country,” stated Chris Dimos, president of Supervalu Pharmacies. “It is strongly recommended from many state health department agencies that all teenagers and adults who have not had the Tdap vaccine get immunized to prevent the spread of this very contagious disease.”
The vaccine is priced at $54.99 per immunization, and a majority of prescription insurances are accepted. No appointment or prescription is needed.
Supervalu Pharmacies operate in 25 states under 10 retail brands. Shots will not be administered at Save-A-Lot or Hornbacher’s.