- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Albertson's LLC opens pharmacy inside California hospital
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Monday issued a clarification that its Albertsons banners are not removing any self-checkout lanes from their stores.
Confusion was created out of an announcement at the top of July that Albertsons LLC, a separate entity that owns and operates 217 stores in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, decided to remove self-checkout lanes from its stores.
“Since this story broke last week, our customers have called us and we learned first-hand that they want and appreciate the convenience of self-checkout lanes,” stated Lilia Rodriguez, Supervalu spokeswoman.