- Healtheway forms industry coalition to standardize health information exchange
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
ARLINGTON, Va. — Electronic prescribing services provider Surescripts has added nearly two-dozen electronic health record vendors to its network over the last year, the company said Monday.
The software vendors include Adaptamed, AssistRx, Bizmatics, ChartLogic, HealthFusion, Merge Healthcare, SuccessEHS and others.
"As a trusted partner to many of these EHR vendors, we continue to make significant progress toward breaking down costly communication barriers among care providers," Surescripts president and CEO Harry Totonis said. Totonis said Thursday that he would step down in March, after five years at the helm of the company. "The Surescripts network provides connected eHRs and their rapidly growing contracted base the scale they need to connect care providers within a community and across the country."
The company said its clinical messaging allows patient-specific protected health information to be instantaneously and securely transmitted between healthcare providers, leading to increased efficiency, informed care decisions, better patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs, and users will be able to easily connect to the network to enable clinical messaging part of their efforts to meet industry EHR standards.