- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Good Neighbor pharmacists can vaccinate patients under collaborative-practice agreements
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
PRINCETON, N.J. — According to Kantar Media's 2013 pharmacy study released last month, pharmacists are making more OTC product recommendations than prescription product recommendations per day.
The survey found that pharmacists are making seven OTC product recommendations per day on average, vs. almost five prescription recommendations per day.
Pharmacists make on average four vitamin recommendations and three herbal supplement recommendations. And they make about one recommendation per day on the purchase of durable medical equipment.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.