- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- CMS Medicare analysis found mail order more expensive than community pharmacy across 21 plans
- Rite Aid announces winner of 2013 truck-driving contest
- Pair of Congress leaders advocate on behalf of community pharmacy
- Generic drug prices spike, but PBMs' reimbursement rates don't keep up, NCPA study finds
LISLE, Ill. — Pharmacy benefit manager SXC Health Solutions will acquire Birmingham, Ala.-based specialty pharmacy provider MedfusionRx for $100 million, SXC said Thursday.
SXC also may pay an additional $5.5 million if unspecified performance targets are met through fiscal year 2012, the company said. MedfusionRx operates pharmacies in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee, West Virginia and Kansas, and serves more than 9,000 patients.
“Specialty pharmaceuticals are the fastest-growing area in the PBM space, and our clients recognize it as the next critical area of drug spend management,” SXC president and CEO Mark Thierer said. “This acquisition will expand our presence and enhance our capabilities in the specialty pharmacy market, which differentiates us from our peers in the mid-market PBM sector.”