- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
LISLE, Ill. — SXC Health Solutions announced Wednesday that it had completed its acquisition of independent specialty pharmacy provider MedfusionRx in a deal worth $100 million in cash, with an additional $5.5 million subject to the achievement of certain performance targets in fiscal year 2012.
The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act expired Dec. 24.
"We are very pleased to welcome MedfusionRx's employees and customers into the SXC fold," said SXC president and CEO Mark Thierer. "This acquisition will help transform our specialty pharmacy business by expanding our presence and enhancing our capabilities in this rapidly growing segment of the PBM industry. We are excited with the growth prospects of this acquisition and look forward to capitalizing on our revenue and cost-saving synergy opportunities."
MedfusionRx specializes in bleeding disorders, growth hormone deficiency, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, plaque psoriasis, Crohn's disease and hepatitis C, as well as medications for patients with cancer and in the preventive treatment of RSV. The company operates a satellite pharmacy in Alabama and six additional pharmacies in Tennessee, Mississippi, West Virginia, Texas, Louisiana and Kansas.