- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
NEW YORK — Japan-based Takeda Pharmaceutical may acquire Switzerland’s Nycomed for $12 billion, according to published reports.
Reuters reported Thursday that Takeda was in talks to buy Nycomed in order to expand its presence in the European market. Most of Takeda’s business is in Asia and the United States.
Nycomed makes treatments for such diseases as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chronic pain, osteoporosis and others.