- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
- Target to hire approximately 200 new team members with Baltimore store opening
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Rite Aid posts strong Q4, FY2012
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — Target is on track to open all the stores it intends to in Canada, the mass merchandise retailer said Monday.
Target aid it would open its remaining 33 stores scheduled for 2013 in November, including the first stores in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland provinces. Thirty-one stores will open on Nov. 13, and the remaining two will open on Nov. 22. The retailer had 124 Canadian store openings planned for the year and said it would announce additional store openings at a later date.
"The final store openings for this year mark a major milestone in Target's history," Target Canada president Tony Fisher said. "The goal for our Canadian expansion was to open 124 stores across all 10 provinces in 2013, and we are proud to say that with the help of more than 20,000 Canadian team members nationwide, we have accomplished this unprecedented undertaking."