- Hydroxycut adds new products to weight-loss line
- Most people managing diabetes interested in weight-loss programs
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- AMA: Obesity is a disease
ROGERS, Ark. — The beginning of a new year is weight-loss season, and to help those who made such a resolution track their progress, this Target store in Rogers, Ark., featured scales on an endcap.
The fact is, dieters who weigh themselves are more likely to succeed in both losing weight and maintaining that weight, according to a study published in the International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. Three-out-of-10 dieters participating in the research successfully lost weight — 20.3% of those who were successful weighed themselves daily, versus 11% who were not successful.