- Target Canada rollout to be bigger than any annual U.S. rollout to date
- Walmart becomes first-ever retailer to launch online 'pay with cash' option
- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
- NRF to Federal Reserve: Swipe card fee cap doesn't go far enough
- Target to launch fresh food departments at nine Detroit stores
TORONTO — Target has made its REDcard cards available for customers at its Canadian stores, the mass merchandise retailer said.
Target said its Target Debit Card and the Target RBC MasterCard were available at Target.ca/redcard, and customers at Canadian stores using the cards would get an additional 5% off. The Target Debit Card links to the user's checking account, while the Target RBC MasterCard is issued by the Royal Bank of Canada. Holders of the latter will earn Target GiftCard Rewards on purchases outside of Target in addition to the 5% discount.
"Target's REDcard Rewards program is a key part of our 'Expect More. Pay Less.' brand promise, offering guests an additional 5% savings on top of our already low prices," Target Canada president Tony Fisher said. "We know our guests value the instant savings that come with a REDcard, and we want to ensure Canadian guests apply now so they are ready when their neighborhood Target store opens its doors."
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.