- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Report: Condition-specific products, baby boomers and Hispanics key drivers to VMS business
- NACDS launches 2012 Marketplace Conference mobile app
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Target recently reset its over-the-counter section here with new, colorful signage that makes each section pop. With the reset, the mass retailer extended its VMS offering by four linear feet, which now extends the full aisle. And across the aisle from VMS are adult meal replacement options, stocking everything from bars to shakes. The aisle spills out onto the prescription drop-off counter, which is likely by design, as people waiting to fill their monthly chronic-disease scripts now will be standing between two aisles that could enable a healthy lifestyle change. Smart move.