- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- State of the market: Are generic drugs approaching their peak?
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Americans more likely than others to prefer generics, study finds
NORTH WALES, Pa. Teva is introducing its generic to the Sanofi-Aventis anti-fungal medication Penlac nail lacquer.
The brand lost its patent yesterday and was immediately launched by Sandoz and is now being followed by the biggest generic manufacturer Teva. The generic, Ciclopirox topical solution will be available in an 8 percent strength, in a 6.6 mL bottle.
“Generic pharmaceuticals are playing an increasingly important role in healthcare cost containment,” states John Denman, vice president of sales and marketing at Teva.