- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
KENNEBUNK, Maine — Tom's of Maine, a maker of natural oral and personal care products, has announced the five winning mobile dental clinics of its 2011 Dental Health for All program.
The nonprofit clinics, determined by public vote, will split $100,000 to grow and support mobile programs that offer easy-to-access dental care in local communities. This year's program solely focused on expanding dental clinics in the field so they can bring "goodness on the go" to those unable to afford an exam or coverage.
The organizations that will each receive $20,000 are:
Children's Hospital New Orleans Tooth Bus in New Orleans;
Kids in Need of Dentistry in Denver, Colo.;
St. Joseph Health System's Sonoma County Cultivating Health Mobile Dental Clinic in Santa Rosa, Calif.;
St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in Bethlehem, Pa.; and
St. Mary's Mobile Dental Care for Kids in Evansville, Ind.
To date, Tom's of Maine Dental Health for All program has helped make nearly 200,000 additional patient visits possible with $900,000 in funding provided to more than 25 school- and community-based dental clinics.