- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Q&A with Nathan Mott: McKesson launches Mobile Delivery app
JACKSON, Miss. A pharmacy that specializes in serving patients with chronic medical conditions has received accreditation status from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care for specialty pharmacy services.
Transcript Pharmacy said Wednesday it was awarded ACHC accreditation, a voluntary activity where healthcare organizations submit to peer review of their internal policies, processes and patient care delivery against national standards. Transcript recently was involved in a year-long study conducted by Virginia Commonwealth University, which showed that through personalized communication with each patient, Transcript improved compliance.
"This recognition demonstrates that the level of care and quality of services we offer bring significant benefits to the patients that we serve," said company president Cliff Osbon.