- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
NEW YORK — Truveris on Tuesday named Anthony Barrett VP sales, central region.
Barrett joins Truveris with more than 33 years of achieving growth and leading strategic business development, sales and clinical teams. Experienced in healthcare and IT, Barrett worked at Healthways, Prime Therapeutics, Walgreens, Apple and Xerox. During his Walgreens tenure, he served as SVP Walgreens Health Initiatives, leading a team developing breakthrough industry solutions and fully transparent contracting for rebates and networks.
Prior to Walgreens, Anthony spent 17 years with Apple in enterprise divisional leadership roles, managing sales and business development teams. With Apple leading the global transition from analog to digital communications solutions, Barrett's team created new channels of advocacy with partners that allowed Apple to scale rapidly.
“After 17 years at Apple and seven years at Walgreens in leadership roles, I know great innovation when I see it," Barrett stated. "Truveris’ domain expertise combined with its SaaS technology is truly without equal."
“Anthony’s combined experience in the technology and pharmacy industries is a perfect fit for Truveris," noted Bryan Birch, Truveris CEO. "Anthony’s position at Truveris will help expand our capabilities and accelerate our product distribution."
At Truveris, Barrett will apply a similar channel strategy to partner with brokers, TPAs and consultants as he did at Apple — empowering advisers to deliver new and differentiated services to their clients.