- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Consumer trust intact as McNeil brands like Tylenol return back to shelf
- McNeil unveils 'Smiling it Forward' campaign in support of Tylenol
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
NEW YORK McNeil Consumer Healthcare recently parlayed its Tylenol brand franchise into external analgesics.
Labeled Tylenol Precise, McNeil introduced two SKUs into the external analgesic space — a patch and a cream. The air-activated heat therapy will go up against Pfizer Consumer’s Thermacare, which is experiencing a resurgence in sales under its relatively new stewardship (Wyeth Consumer, now part of Pfizer, had purchased the rights to Thermacare from Procter & Gamble two years ago).
Both the Tylenol Precise cream and Tylenol Precise patch retail for around $7.99.