- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
NEW YORK McNeil Consumer Healthcare recently parlayed its Tylenol brand franchise into external analgesics.
Labeled Tylenol Precise, McNeil introduced two SKUs into the external analgesic space — a patch and a cream. The air-activated heat therapy will go up against Pfizer Consumer’s Thermacare, which is experiencing a resurgence in sales under its relatively new stewardship (Wyeth Consumer, now part of Pfizer, had purchased the rights to Thermacare from Procter & Gamble two years ago).
Both the Tylenol Precise cream and Tylenol Precise patch retail for around $7.99.