- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- CVS/pharmacy unveils Nuance Salma Hayek spring 2014 collection
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — Unilever is launching a new line of hair care products for men, the personal care company said Wednesday.
Unilever said the Dove Men+Care shampoos and shampoo-conditioners would make men's hair three times stronger, based on the amount of breakage when compared with a nonconditioning shampoo. According to a 2010 AC Nielsen survey, 90% of men use shampoo in the shower, but only 5% use a shampoo designed for men's hair care needs.
The line includes features designed to fortify sensitive scalp, provide a deep clean, fight dandruff and make men's hair look and feel thick.
"Our brand is on a mission to give men simple, yet effective ways to care for their hair because whether it's being tugged at while giving their child a piggy back ride, or suffocated by a favorite hat, men's hair tends to lose resilience over the years," Unilever VP hair David Rubin said. "Men want thick, strong hair, but want to use as few products as possible. The new Dove Men+Care Hair line offers a range of solutions and two-in-ones to make grooming easy and keep hair healthy looking."