- Rite Aid fields insurance agents to help customers understand, enroll in Obamacare plans
- SoloHealth survey finds widespread lack of awareness about health insurance marketplaces
- GoHealth and Walgreens ramp up marketing behind GoHealthInsurance.com
- Retail pharmacy provides viable solution to health exchange insurance conundrum
- Target to discontinue part-time health insurance coverage
DENVER — CoramRx Specialty Pharmacy Services has received specialty pharmacy accreditation from URAC, the company announced.
CoramRx said URAC's specialty pharmacy accreditation ensures that organizations meeting the rigors of accreditation uphold the highest standards in the industry and reinforces the best clinical and organizational practices for ensuring appropriate and safe medication use and optimal patient outcomes. CoramRx offers national distribution and local services through specialty pharmacy facilities, more than 85 infusion pharmacies and more than 65 ambulatory infusion suites across the United States.
"The growth of CoramRx's customer base in the managed care and prescription benefit manager community led to the need to seek a second accreditation for the business," CoramRx director of operations Lori Jordon said. "What makes URAC unique is its focus on and standardization of the quality improvement process and ongoing reporting of performance metrics for organizations seeking accreditation."