- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- NACDS supports bill to curb Rx abuse, safeguard patients
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's 2012 Superior Goal Achievement Award, one of the agency's honors for commercial refrigeration achievements by GreenChill Partners.
Food Lion officials received the award Monday at the FMI Energy & Store Development Conference in Baltimore, Md. The annual achievement award is in recognition of Food Lion meeting its GreenChill commitment for reducing refrigerant emissions.
"Food Lion has been a member of GreenChill since the partnership began in 2007," stated Tom Land, GreenChill partnership manager. "Since then, Food Lion has continually renewed their commitment to reducing harmful refrigerant emissions. Earning a Superior Goal Achievement award is further evidence of this."
Food Lion has won GreenChill's Distinguished Partner Award and its Superior Environmental Achievement Award in the past. Food Lion has pioneered various technologies that save energy and reduce harmful refrigerant leaks from GreenChill to building two Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, Certified stores in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
Food Lion has more than half of the nation's Energy Star stores, with more than 1,000 certified stores. In addition, the company has partnered with utilities to evaluate a variety of such energy-saving opportunities as solar power.