- Onset Dermatologics announces availability of Tretin-X for acne
- ClarityMD line features new Clarifying Acne Treatment Pads
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
LAVAL, Quebec — Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, a specialty pharmaceutical company, on Friday announced that it received approval from the Food and Drug Administration for Retin-A Micro (tretinoin) gel microsphere 0.08%, which is used for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris.
"We are very pleased that the FDA has approved our new strength of Retin-A Micro, as this gives healthcare providers and patients a new option for the topical treatment of acne vulgaris," J. Michael Pearson, chairman and chief executive officer, said. "This new strength will provide physicians and patients another effective treatment and should be a welcome alternative to current strengths. We look forward to launching 0.08% Retin-A Micro in the near future."