- Rexall taps savvy vet Kelly for top merchant role
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — Canadian drug maker Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has signed an agreement with Sanofi’s subsidiary in Canada to distribute a topical medication for osteoarthritis in the country.
Valeant said Tuesday that it had reached an agreement with Sanofi-Aventis Canada for Canadian marketing and distribution rights to Zuacta (zucapsaicin), designed for treating osteoarthritis of the knee.
“Zuacta will be another strong addition to our product portfolio in Canada, where Valeant has an expertise and focus in the area of pain management,” Valeant chairman and CEO J. Michael Pearson said. “Zuacta has already been approved by Health Canada, and we expect to launch this compound in the third quarter of 2011.”