- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- SymphonyIRI Group rebrands as IRi, commits to supporting CPG growth around the globe
- Raising the bar in nutritional snacking
- SymphonyIRI: Younger boomers shift to dollar channel versus drug in vitamins, internal analgesics
- Value, at-home products color hair care sector
The definition of snacking has broadened, and more choices are competing for the consumer dollar. Consumers also continue to want more for their money.
Value is a big issue for consumers when it comes to purchasing snacks. Research from SymphonyIRI Group revealed that 80% of consumers actively look for the best value when buying snacks, and 42% are cutting back on money spent on snacks.
Meanwhile, competition is increasing from fast food chains that are adding smaller-sized snackable foods to their menus.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Snacks Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.