- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Study: National dollar store chain locations outnumber those of national retail pharmacy chains
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- In wake of Bloom departure, CVS recasts key positions
CHICAGO — Viviscal, a dietary hair growth supplement brand, has announced the debut of its first national direct response television spot.
Debuting nationwide on Thursday, the spot will focus on the company's signature Viviscal Extra Strength supplement, which contains 50% more AminoMar, the active ingredient which can only be found in Viviscal products. The 30-minute segment will be hosted by sex therapist and the New York Times best-selling author, Laura Berman, who explains the connection between healthy, beautiful hair and how it relates to confidence. In addition, the segment includes appearances from former beauty editor Anne Fritz, celebrity stylist Darrell Redleaf and showcases testimonials from consumers.
Viviscal's DRTV campaign will be supported by print, direct mail, digital marketing efforts and public relations. In addition to the national debut, Viviscal foresees on-going rollout in international markets in the coming months.
The Viviscal hair growth program is formulated with an AminoMar marine complex clinically researched to help nourish thinning hair and promote existing healthy hair growth from within, according to the company. A 60-tablet box of Viviscal, equivalent to one month's supply, is priced at $49.99. The product is sold at such retailers as Walgreens and Rite Aid.