- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation on Friday announced they have completed a transaction giving Walgreens a significant ownership stake in Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pharmacy, the parent company of Cystic Fibrosis Services.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The transaction gives Walgreens and the CF Foundation joint ownership of two businesses: CF Services, a specialty pharmacy for cystic fibrosis patients and their families; and Pharma Dynamics, a provider of new product launch support and call center services for drug manufacturers. CF Services will continue to operate under its current name and remain based in the same location in Bethesda, Md. Pharma Dynamics was previously CF Services’ Corporate Accounts Division.